Monday, July 2, 2012

Where the Heck Am I?

As I mentioned in the previous blog I had a funny incident on my way home from a photo outing for a state wide photo challenge.

Have you ever been driving and realize you have no clue where you are? Nothing looks familiar. And you wonder how did I get here?

The two lanes on the road split -- one going right, one going left and the lane you're in goes straight and you wonder why? The road you’re on never had a right turn lane before.

You look at the car's compass and it says S and you should be going W. The light bulb in your mind is flashing rapidly with various thoughts and you realize you’ve done it again. Darn. You can’t even back track because the memory is apparently tainted.

You have to make a quick decision because the traffic light is about to change, when suddenly the light bulb turns solid and bright.

"Oh, I think I know where I am. Still how did I get here?"

Then you realize it was intentional. A mile back you approached an intersection where you could turn left or go further and turn left on another street. You tell yourself “Oh, let’s go this way this time.” So off you go, completely concentrating on another matter, forgetting the turn.

Once you realize what you’ve done you start laughing at yourself. The guy in the car next to you is looking at you strangely which causes you to laugh even harder.

You say to yourself, "I really need a GPS", which brings back memories of when the car was purchased.

BH tells you at the time “You don’t need a GPS in your car. You just run errands and take pictures. We’ll have the GPS only in the family since we use that one for trips.” And you think to yourself “Honey, you underestimate my driving ability.” Not that I do this often, but it has happened in the past. And it is often hard to drive, look for street signs, and the directions at the same time when going somewhere new.

So you remind him “What about my assignments.” He says “No problem, I’ll just give you directions if you need them.”

Meanwhile, the amount of extra gas, additional mileage that you've used turning around, figuring out where you are would have more than paid for that GPS.

This causes you start laughing even harder with tears running down your cheeks. You grab a tissue and there's a new guy in the car next to you who thinks you’re crying, possibly bawling!

All of sudden a day that started out in tears ends up hilarious. God, in his ultimate wisdom, has allowed us to be imperfect for this very moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment