Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Last Words I Wanted to Hear this Summer

Another twitter catch up on Anne’s World. The following is from twitter again (last Monday) with tweaks:

Ok, universe I’ve got something to throw out to you. I’ve already taken it to God, just waiting for an answer. Here is goes…

I need to premise the following with this fact…since USA Network's Burn Notice aired the pilot, five years ago, I haven’t missed a new or repeated episode. They are now into their 6th season.

I’ve watched them all. Even reruns on our local station on Wednesday night. Thousands of airings.

Fact…that’s not going to change…EVER! I hope?

I am obsessed with Burn Notice. In my entire life I have never loved a show like this one, or even close. I can take them or leave them. I usually lose interest by season two. So even if I somewhat still enjoy the show, I don’t mind missing it.

I have never had a crush on an actor, musician or anyone famous, until Jeffrey Donovan, one of the stars of the show. I will blog about this in the future. This show has completely taken over my life. And actually improved it.

BH and I now have routine date nights around this show. Life is good! Life is more than wonderful!

There is one subject I was hoping not to hear this summer, but at breakfast this morning still basking in the awesome Sunday we spent together, BH brings it up.

Vacation! How could an 8 letter word instill such anxiety? Fear?

Mind you I love going on vacation with BH. I love being with him. I want to be with him all of the time…well most of the time.

Ok, all right, no problem. Lately, since marathons have been on every Thursday, BH’s work load has prevented extended time away from his office, we’ve only taken long weekends staying at hotels nearby.

Wonderful! Ok, we’ll go to a hotel. We’ve done that in the past, right? There are some really wonderful ones in our area that are the perfect get-away.

Breakfast in bed, candlelight dinners, room service, maid service, swim in the pool, shop, massages, you get the picture!

Wrong! He lands the next bad news. “I think we should rent a cabin.”

“A cabin?”

“Do they have cable?” “Do they have My TV20?”

“I don’t know. I thought we would rent one up north, for two weeks.”

“Up north? Two weeks!? When?”

“In August.”

“In August?”

Every time he opens his mouth, it’s getting worse.

“Well, I’ve got to get to work. Think about it.”

Think about it? I’m thinking to myself what’s there to think about?

Miss the Thursday Burn Notice marathons, miss the new episodes twice Thursday night, miss Charteracter Chatter and twitter during the episodes, miss the summer finale the end of August, miss Burn Notice? All of a sudden I’m in a living nightmare. The glow from yesterday is gone!

Ok, Anne. How are we going to resolve this one? I thought vacations were supposed to be vacations – fun, enjoyable? Or am I wrong?

I think I'll go shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment