Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Great Spider Incident of 2012

Today started out the usual. I got up, had my typical morning with God, said good morning to my friends on twitter, then started working. When it was time I made coffee, and breakfast for BH and sent him on his way.

I needed to use the restroom. That's when things changed.

With a smile on my face, I ventured into the room without turning on the light, still in la-la-land thinking about the wonderful time this morning with BH. I lifted the lid and something caught the corner of my eye. What is that in the sink?

So I flipped on the light and there it was. This huge, gigantic, enormous, humongous spider, you know, about the size of a nickle. It had at least 20 legs of various sizes. I thought they only had 8? Why did this one have so many?

I quickly grabbed a tissue, and it saw me. It tried to escape the clutches of the tissue by running around the bowl, each time escaping capture.

Using my advantage and hovering over it, watching it's every move, I quickly changed tactics. Now I tried to stab it with the tissue, continuing to miss it. I started to panic, what if it escaped? They have in the past, but then I remembered it was huge and they are much easier to catch than those jumping kind, you know the ones you never can catch.

Finally, I got it, so I quickly squeezed the tissue so it couldn't escape. Then I heard that horrible, dreadful sound...the crunch and my heart sank. It was dead.

Reality immediately returned. I needed to quickly dispose of the evidence. So I threw it into the awaiting toilet bowl, quickly closed the lid and flushed.

A sigh of relief...until I remembered why I was in there. Was it dead? Did it go down? I slowly lifted the lid and contemplated what to do. I really had to go.

So I quickly said a prayer hoping that I wouldn't feel anything crawling down there. After I finished, I stood and watched as it flushed, looking for any spider remains, and lifted the seat examining the bowl to see if it was there. It wasn't. If it lived, could it crawl back up?

The adrenaline was really going by now, much more than after my daily exercise routine. I thought my heart would leap out of my chest.

Then I recalled all of the legs. I needed to tell BH about this. Then I realized he might not believe me. Why didn't I take a photo for proof? I could have zoomed in, counted the legs and measured the body. Oh, that's right, it could have escaped in the process.

Further investigation was needed. Internet here I come. Using Google I searched for types of spiders, might as well know what kind of spider it was, too.

I found a web site that had a list of all of them, I really thought the list would have been longer. I know I've seen more varieties than that site listed. To see a picture or description I had to click on each link, so I decided to go back and clicked on the link for images of types of spiders instead.

I examined several rows of spiders and they all had 8 legs. It was so disgusting that I couldn't continue. Now I needed to concentration on something else to get those images out of my mind.

So I left and took a short drive in the country taking some pictures. Returned home, downloaded them and developed a few.

After some time, I ventured back in to clean the sink, toilet and tub to get rid of any trace of the spider. When I got to the tub, there was a baby spider crawling on the edge.

Had I killed its mother? I quickly grabbed another tissue and sent the orphan to be with its mother. Could there be more? Raid! I needed Raid.

Into the pantry I ran. Grabbed the can, then ran back and sprayed the bathroom, choking as the fumes entered my nostrils. Mass execution. Funeral immediately after. Orphans reunited with their mother.

A thought came over me, was I playing God. Of course not, God doesn't kill. Only Satan does. John 10:10 "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill and to destroy; I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."

Was I acting like Satan? Then I remembered Flip Wilson and thought "the devil made me do it." Aw, no he can't do that either. We have free will and power over him.

Was I evil? At that point I really didn't care. The spider and her family were history and hopefully reunited. I will repent for now at least...but would do it again in a heartbeat. Please God, forgive me for my evil ways.

Isn't it funny how our mind works? Or is it just me?

Shucks, now I have the clean the bathroom all over again.





No comments:

Post a Comment