Saturday, December 26, 2015

My Christmas Wish


I was recently blessed when I saw this picture and immediately saved it then created an avitar.

This week I tried to catch up on the dozens of Youtube videos that have accumulated in my Inbox to view when I was reminded that the Bible is God’s love letter to us.

The more I study the Bible and allow myself time to reflect on what God is trying to reveal to me, the more I’m overwhelmed by the knowledge of how much He loves me. And He loves you that much too. His love is for us is outside our capacity to fully understand since we live in a different realm then He does and sadly, we have been deceived into thinking otherwise by earthy beings. Through indoctrination, many people don’t even know what love is.

1 John 4:16 tells us:
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.
1 John 4:8 also tells us that God is love.

When we accept Jesus as our LORD and Savior, He abides in us. The Holy Spirit comes and lives in us to guide us to the truth.

Once we understand God’s love for us, then we can love others unconditionally. God’s love towards us isn’t based on anything we did. We cannot even earn His love. God cannot be bought. He gives us His love freely just like He gives us salvation freely. The only thing we need to do is accept it with our entire being.

He is my LORD and Savior. Not the world, not the things in the world, and not any one person or group of people. There is only one LORD. When we put anything above Him, that’s when our life starts going amok. That’s when we lose our peace, our joy, our happiness, our contentment with life.

Once we set our priorities, our beliefs, our behavior in line with God’s that’s when our world becomes almost as perfect as it ever could.

I love that time of night when I get snuggled under the covers with the lights turned off. The stillness and quiet allows me to reflect on the past twenty-four hours and give thanks and glory to God for granting me another wonderful day full of blessings including His love and peace.

I’ve gotten to the point that I can feel Jesus’ love deep inside of me. He is so close that I can feel His love and peace. It’s an amazing feeling that can only be felt and not described.

Philippians 4:7
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
The terrors of the night disappear when we keep our minds on God.

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
I used to recite this at night whenever my thoughts roamed keeping me awake. Now, I focus on the LORD, feeling His love and knowing that He never sleeps so that I can.

Christmas is upon us. It’s a time to reflect and be thankful that God sent His Son to bring peace between Him and us. It’s a peace and love that the world will never understand until they get to know Him.

My Christmas wish is for everyone who reads this to experience with a greater understanding God’s love towards you and what amazing happened to the world the day Jesus was born and the day He died, so that in 2016 you will have an abundance of love and peace that only comes from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment