Thursday, December 31, 2015

Farewell 2015


I was just thinking about 2015 and immediately my thought was that I’ve had better years. My first thoughts were on the losses I experienced this year.

Isn’t that the case we often find ourselves in. We look immediately at our losses instead of our gains.

The truth is that 2015 was a very good year. If I were to be completely honest with myself and if I could examine the gains in their entirety, I would come to the conclusion that 2015 was one my best years ever… if not the best.

The wisdom alone that I gained this year is priceless. The panicky feelings that I would sometimes get when things went wrong are gone. That is priceless. The anger that arose inside when I saw a stupid comment on twitter or facebook or from family or friends is gone. This is priceless. The worry over what is happening to our world is gone. That is priceless. It’s impossible to buy peace but I have peace. I could go on and on with all the blessings God has granted me over the year. He gives us more blessings throughout the year than what life throws at us. I pray that in 2016 I focus more remembering the blessings and quickly forget any loss.

I may not have what I started 2015 with but I’ve gained so much more.

Farewell 2015. Thank you LORD for your kindness while You guide me through the year and I trust You will make 2016 even better.



1 comment:

  1. Again I find your insight amazing. You are wise in your walk with the Holy Spirit my friend and truly an inspiration. I know God will continue to bless you as you go with Him

    ReplyDelete