Friday, October 30, 2015

Just Say "NO"!


Like most Thursday nights, I had difficulty getting to sleep revisiting the events of the day and thinking about the Burn Notice episode we watched as ideas came to my mind including those for one of my books.

The thoughts that kept me from getting to sleep weren’t the ones as a result of worry, concern, anger, regret, or sorrow; they were just thoughts; the type of thoughts that lead from one to another.

My usually standby didn’t work; reciting Isaiah 26:3:
You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
It didn’t work because I didn’t allow it to work. My mind quickly returned to thinking about other things instead of reciting the verse over and over again until I peacefully fell asleep.

I don’t know if you are like me but sometimes I wish my mind had a switch that I could turn off, but if it did then I would die. Our mind keeps us alive, it keeps our bodies functioning. This thought brought to mind another passage; Psalm 46:10:
Be still, and know that I am God;
Okay, now that’s a brilliant idea, I told myself. So I stopped thinking about anything. That’s worked before. However, again I didn’t give it enough time to work.

I got out of bed, straightened the covers then slide back in rolling over to the other side. Still my mind wouldn’t shut off. Finally, I said out loud. “NO.” Thankfully BH didn’t wake up, but that worked. I could physically feel something instantly inside of my body shut off.

You see, over the past two years I have been practicing the word “NO” and as a result my body and even physical and material things now respond to the word “no.” When I start feeling pain in my knees I tell it “no” and the pain goes away. When I’m hungry and it’s not meal time, I tell my body “no” and the hunger goes away. When I start getting upset or angry I tell myself “no” and it goes away. When I feel sad, I tell myself “no” and the sadness leaves.

The word "no" has power in it when said with authority. We see that in our children. When spoken with authority they instantly respond. We see that in our spouses and other people too. So naturally it will work on us and everything around us.

God gave us power when we became born-again. Often we don’t know we have that power unless we read the bible. God gave us authority over this earth and everything in it and that includes our thoughts, our bodies… everything. We just need to understand that authority and use it.

How many times have you thought something that you didn't want to come true only to see it come to fruition? When those thoughts try to enter my mind, I now tell them "no" and whatever I was thinking doesn't happen.

Once I took that authority last night I feel peacefully asleep.

God didn’t create flu season, allergy season, or even cold season. Those are terms man made. The only seasons God created were winter, spring, summer and fall. All the other seasons you don’t need to participate in. It’s your choice.

I read this in one of the books I often read a paragraph or two from before I go to bed. “Signs follow what you believe.” If you believe cold season is approaching and expect to get a cold, then you will get what you believe. The same goes with allergies, the flu and whatever else you are believing; good or bad.

Start believing for what you want and stop believing for what you don’t want.

So just say “no” at those thoughts and you too will see your body, mind and that around you respond to the word “NO.”

No comments:

Post a Comment