Thursday, October 22, 2015

Joy Comes in the Morning


Psalm 30:5
Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning.

Last night I became for a moment overwhelmed by the events taking place in the world which often happens these days. Sadness often overtakes me with the hurt being done to God’s wonderful people knowing the heartache being caused by those who do not know God.

I realize through social media we are being exposed to the evils of this world more so than ever before. It can be overwhelming at times. It’s during these times that we must step back and put things into perspective.

Thankfully, God has a way of revealing the truth. The truth is being kept from us as well as all the good that is being done to stop those who wish to hurt us.

This morning’s scriptural reading caused me to smile. It’s remarkable how once I pray, God brings me the answers and this morning was no exceptions.

A portion of my reading included, Isaiah 39:1-41:16, Ephesians 1:1-23, Psalm 66: 1-20 and Proverbs 23-25-28.

Many verses in the reading spoke to me as a reminder of how great our God is. He has a way of keeping things in perspective so that I don’t remain overwhelmed by the events taking place in this world.

I was also reminded this morning about Pastor Sheriff’s message this past weekend about “Unload” when we’re Overloaded.

“With God” and “Only Believe” are also portions of scriptures which get me quickly through frustrating and difficult times.

The bottom line is that God has the answers to whatever we are going through. His greatest desire is to help us navigate this life so that we can live in joy and be happy. He wants for us what He wanted for Adam and Eve before Adam sinned. He is the same today as He was at the beginning of the world. The truths from the beginning are still the truths of today. With that said, it is vital that we hold on to these truths to keep us sane in a world that is ever increasingly become insane. I can count on the LORD since He never wavers or goes back on His word.

I belong to the kingdom of God, not the kingdoms in this world. My position in God’s kingdom, by accepting Jesus as my LORD and Savior, makes me an heir alongside Jesus. I couldn’t be in better company.

This life we live on earth is smaller in size than the tip of a needle compared to eternity. Once we realize this truth, it's easier to put things into perspective allowing us to place the cares out of our control in God's hands and ignoring the trivial matters that weigh so many people down.

God chose us to be born, navigate through this life by the rules He set, so that we can live for eternity with Him in His garden. In Heaven I won’t even remember these times so why should I dwell on them now.

Today I will focus on God and all the wonderful things that He has blessed me with and be thankful that He chose me to be with Him forever.


Below are some of the scriptures that spoke to me:

Isaiah 40:4
Every valley shall be exalted And every mountain and hill brought low; The crooked places shall be made straight And the rough places smooth;

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever."

Isaiah 40:9
O Zion, You who bring good tidings, Get up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, You who bring good tidings, Lift up your voice with strength, Lift it up, be not afraid; Say to the cities of Judah, "Behold your God!"

Isaiah 40:17
All nations before Him are as nothing, And they are counted by Him less than nothing and worthless.

Isaiah 40:23
He brings the princes to nothing; He makes the judges of the earth useless.

Isaiah 40:28
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable.

Isaiah 40:29
He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.

Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 41:1
"Keep silence before Me, O coastlands, And let the people renew their strength!

Isaiah 41:4
'I, the LORD, am the first; And with the last I am He.'

Isaiah 41:6
"Be of good courage!”

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

Isaiah 41:13
For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'

Ephesians 1:2
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

Ephesians 1:4-6
just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved.

Ephesians 1:12
that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

Ephesians 1:13
In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:18-21
the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.

Ephesians 1:22-23
And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Psalm 66:2-3
Sing out the honor of His name; Make His praise glorious. Say to God, "How awesome are Your works!

Psalm 66:5
Come and see the works of God; He is awesome in His doing toward the sons of men.

Psalm 66:7
He rules by His power forever; His eyes observe the nations; Do not let the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah (Selah means stop and meditate on this)

Psalm 66:16-17
Come and hear, all you who fear God, And I will declare what He has done for my soul. I cried to Him with my mouth, And He was extolled with my tongue.

Psalm 66:19
But certainly God has heard me; He has attended to the voice of my prayer.

Psalm 66:20
Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer, Nor His mercy from me!

Proverbs 23:26-28
My son, give me your heart, And let your eyes observe my ways.
For a harlot is a deep pit, And a seductress is a narrow well.
She also lies in wait as for a victim, And increases the unfaithful among men.

Luke 18:27
But He said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."

Mark 5:36
“Do not be afraid; only believe."

No comments:

Post a Comment