Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Put it to Rest


Last night before retiring, I started reading a message given by Smith Wigglesworth on January 14, 1924 “Possession of the Rest” in which he referred to Hebrews Chapter 4.

I love Hebrews 4 now that I have a better understanding of what it means. I recently listened to a series of messages on the subject which I had never heard the way he approached the subject which I could back with hundreds of scriptures bringing my understanding of the Sabbath Rest to an entirely new and exciting level. Many of my questions about life were answered by the message.

As I got into the welcoming, warm bed last night, I realized I now live in His Rest. What a wonderful, glorious place to be. I urge you to read Hebrews 4 over and over again until it hits you what it means. You will never look at life quite the same.

Satan is real and he will cloud our mind to prevent us from enjoying the wonderful life God wants for us by keeping us in darkness, never seeing the light of truth.

This morning I was reading Exodus when I was reminded once again about murmuring and complaining keeping the Israelites from entering into the Promise Land. We experience the same as the Israelites when we murmur and complain. Exodus 16:8 tells us:
Also Moses said, "… for the LORD hears your complaints which you make against Him. And what are we? Your complaints are not against us but against the LORD."
When we complain and murmur it is against the LORD and not our situation. We think it isn’t but it is. We are driven away from the promise land into the wilderness. We become miserable, angry, sad with all the emotions we do not enjoy.

Paul tells us to “Rejoice in the LORD always, again I say rejoice.” He said this while in prison and prison during those days make our prisons look like palaces.

Rejoicing even in times of trouble keeps God in our presence helping us through the difficulty with a smile on our face and hope in our heart. Even the tribulations that satan brings against us can be a time of joy letting us continue to live in “God’s Rest” allowing Him to handle the stresses and worries of life while we live Jesus’ abundant life.

No comments:

Post a Comment