Wednesday, February 3, 2016

A Present


I wrote a piece earlier this morning in which I wanted to say more. However, I believe that is all the LORD wanted me to say in that posting.

The “Rest” the LORD was speaking about since the beginning of time, was for us to put to “rest” all of the troubles we experience every day. Put to rest our anger. Put to rest our worry. Put to rest self-centeredness. Put to rest hatred. Put to rest fear. Put it all to rest. Lay it down.

We shouldn't revisit times of hardships we’ve experienced. Put it to rest. They are in the past. The only things in the past we should revisit are pleasant memories and put down the sadness, regret and wishful thinking. Be grateful for those times instead.

When the LORD was finished creating the earth He said it was "good". The only things we really need to focus on is what is good. If we are to magnify anything it should be the good. The bad never really lasts very long. Just moments in time. Even in the midst of the most terrible times in our life there is gladness if we are willing to allow ourselves to see and experience it.

We often grieve over what we have lost. Our family members that are no longer with us, the friends, and so on. It’s hard but that’s life. Death of any kind is a part of life. We don’t like it but that’s the way it is.

I miss my mom and dad but not like others do. When I think about them it brings me joy with gratitude that God chose them for me. It is just selfishness missing them. “Poor me” syndrome. Instead I choose to honor their memory and be grateful I had them in my life as long as I did. I know they are both in heaven and it would be cruel to wish they were back here with me, to endure the hardships of life when they now live in glory never to face pain and suffering again.

We often look at work as if it were a curse and not severing the LORD. Even work can be fun when we know that God is behind the scenes. Murmuring and complaining about our job or work to be done will keep us in the wilderness instead of allowing God to take us to the promise land. We will be stuck in what we don't want if we are ungrateful for what we have. Why would God give us something better when we aren't grateful knowing eventually we will only complain to Him once again if He gave us something else?

I didn’t always feel this way. I looked at life like so many others and actually thought earth was a living hell until I saw the light and a new way of looking at life. Now every day is as if I’m already in heaven living life to the fullest at least the fullest I can in my current situation.

Today I’m obedient to God’s Word. It’s a marvelous way to live. Sin seems enticing but actually eventually it brings us misery. God’s way of living is like being on a natural high without the need of drugs or alcohol to bring me down.

My only regret is that I didn’t trust God and live this way my entire life.

Today I do what I can and leave the rest to God. I seek His advice always. I know whatever comes my way I will get through it. I have always in the past. But this time is different. I go through it with happiness of heart knowing I’m never alone and God has provided everything I will ever need to go through. I refuse to get stuck and remain in the troubles even though they have ended.

I now understand why my mom refused to have a past. She only lived in the present. A present is a gift to be enjoyed. Today, I like her will enjoy the gift of today that the LORD has given to me. I will give all of the problems to Him to work out on my behalf.

It’s really kinda fun laughing at the things that come my way knowing they have to face God and not me. God is more powerful than I am so why not enjoy His power so I can live in peace.

I am truly blessed and honored to be a child of God. An heir of the most powerful Being in the universe. A universe He created with me in mind. Therefore, I will live today in the "rest" of the LORD.
Mark 2:27
And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.

No comments:

Post a Comment