Wednesday, September 30, 2015

"I Love My Life"


I remember reading those words from a fellow classmate from response cards from our tenth year high school reunion which caused me to cry. How wonderful it would be to say those exact words, I told God.

You see, I often hated my life and couldn’t understand why God had placed me here. I saw no point in it.

This is odd since I am a positive person by nature. I am in a good mood the minute I open my eyes in the morning and have always started out my day in joy.

That’s what Satan does to us. He deceives us into believing that which is not true by twisting, magnifying and distorting the things we don’t like until that’s all we can see.

Today, I look back and I can truly say “I love my life” with sincere gratefulness to the LORD for showing me the truth.

Satan still tries to deceive me, but now I have the tools and the weapons to fight him off.

Once you hit bottom or come to a point in your life when you’ve had enough and turn to God for help, He comes through.

What’s the secret? A grateful heart. That is one of the greatest keys to happiness and a fulfilled life.

Today, I am grateful for the little blessings that I experience each day. Today, my focus is on the goodness in my life not the lack. Today, I’m thankful. And today I am in love.

By love I mean, I love everything from the LORD. I look at people differently and the things that happen to me. God has given me the weapons I need to fight off those old bad thoughts.

Today I realize that we are all in a battle and some have chosen better weapons to fight each day. We all are trying to do our best with what we have. Today, I can separate the person from their acts and see them as God sees them. Today, I can love everybody. We all mess up. We all make mistakes. There is no one perfect. It doesn’t mean I condone their behavior. Not the least, I still detest their behavior but I don’t detest them since I know they are being led by satan and not by God. They are being deceived just like I have been so many times.

Today when I’m faced with something or somebody that is troubling, I can draw my weapon and kill the evil thoughts so that only the good ones remain allowing me to see the situation in truth so I can deal successful with what life brings me. I realize that trouble will come my way, but I have enough years under my belt that I know I’ll be able to handle it, since I have in the past. I might not like it, but I’m going through that problem and not let it take me down.

Today, when I’m face with a situation not to my liking, I continue to praise God through it. I thank Him for giving me the ability and strength needed to handle it. I thank Him for His guidance through His Word that He will give me the scriptures needed to keep my mind focused on the solution and not the problem. And as a result, He gives me success.

Today, I trust God for everything. And as result He brings so many blessings my way that it often overwhelms me with His goodness. Little nobody Anne, who is somebody to God. Somebody that God adores, just like He adores you. His love for us is unimaginable. The closer I get to God, the more grateful I am and realize how little I know Him and can’t give Him enough praise that He well deserves.

Today I am grateful to live in His presence. The God that created the universe loves me. How could I not love the life He has given me? I never want to be ungrateful again. Today I want to recognize all the good things God has done for me. There are millions of things I’ll never know that He’s done since they are done in secret. He just does them because He loves us.

God is love. We were made in the image of God. Therefore, when we love or are in love we are the closest we can be to Him. That’s why when we love something it makes us feel that incredible joy deep inside.

God is everlasting. To have everlasting love and that deep joy inside, it’s necessary to place our love in Him and the goodness He brings our way.

Thank you LORD, I love the life you've given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment