Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Divorce Papers...Again?

It has been a few difficult days. On Valentine’s Day I was hit with what felt like receiving divorce papers even though I hadn't. Like someone told me they didn’t want me in their life any longer so they were leaving and never returning. Of course it wasn’t exactly the same, just a minor version of it.

Having experienced the real thing, I have to admit the same nausea, rejection and sadness came upon me. Even my heart hurt slightly. It was a very mild version of the same thing.

When events like this occur in our life it is important to immediately take our eyes off from ourselves and start putting things into perspective. Selfishness is the root of all unhappiness, depression and grief.

Life will go on regardless of what we are facing. The awesome news is that we are going through something and eventually we get through it. We might come out a little battered and bruised but that depends how long we want to stay in the storm. If we want to get out of it quickly then the scars won’t be as deep and we will heal faster.

This life is short; shorter than we can even imagine until the end comes when it’s too late to do things differently.

Life is meant to be lived in the present and not in the past.

Sure I am disappointed but more so, I am grateful to have had the time I did.

Life is changing once again and I hate change. But that is unrealistic to think life will remain as it is today. Everything that we can see, touch or smell is temporary. But our memories, which are unseen, can last a lifetime.

Always keep the good memories and leave the bad ones in the past where they belong. It’s too much a burden to carry sadness, grief, resentment, bitterness or anger around with us each day.

Happiness, peace, joy, hope, love and contentment are no burden at all, so fill your life with these instead. Focus each day on the good things that life brings us. That way when disappointment comes, which it will, you will have a storehouse of good memories to draw upon to get you quickly through your storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment