Saturday, March 30, 2013

Unconditional Friendship

I find it sad in today’s society that people do not know or have experienced unconditional friendship or unconditional love. It has become a very selfish, self-centered world. It’s all about them as if the world revolved around them. They will abandon or desert you if you ruffle their feathers or respond in an unacceptable manner even though you have no idea what happened or what you did wrong, Or even if you do recognize the problem the other person often will never forgive you.

I cannot think of a person who I have liked or loved that I now dislike or hate. I have been blessed beyond measure by the ability to accept people as they are without any expectations. The people who I have loved, I still love. Those who I liked, I still like; it never changes.

They have hurt my feelings, made mean or cruel comments, walked away from our friendship, taken advantage of me, talked behind my back or spread false rumors about me. Still after all of that I still like them. Granted, I do not trust them as I once did, but I still can be friends with them if they choose and if they don’t I still think fondly of them years after they have left my life.

It is so sad that other people don’t feel the same way or experience the joy I have with so many people. A true friend is a rare commodity.

There will always be people in and out of our lives. During the active times we can learn and enjoy knowing them. Often they have much to teach us or even help us grow. When the season of our friendship has turned to winter they will be gone or we need to leave. But if we leave, we should leave on friendly terms.

So dear reader, the next time you get angry with someone or disappointed, think first before reacting. We don't know what is going on in their lives. It is harsh for us to judge what we do not know, or make assumptions that are untrue, or have unrealistic expectation that the other person is incapable of living up to.

We are all on a path through life and each of us is at a different point. Sometimes we are ahead of them in maturity and need to wait until they catch up and other times it is the other way around. Sometimes we take detours and other times they do and we have to wait until we are on the correct path once again.

God brings people into our lives to bless us. You have the choice to accept the blessing or throw it away. The choice is up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment