Monday, May 9, 2016

Never Alone


Last night I went quickly to sleep thanking the LORD for another day only to be awoken several hours later by a dream. I was at a convention with six other women, three of whom separated from us to go off on their own leaving the remaining three seated waiting for the event to start. None of us knew each other.

The event coordinator came by and started talking to us. As I looked down there was a strange looking bug that I believe I have seen in a picture or gif which she almost stepped on. As her foot brushed the bug, with it’s see through tail and head, another one appeared then two more each time her foot moved by them.

As she walked away, a grasshopper landed within inches of the four bugs which was immediately pounced upon by a large number of flies which started eating the grasshopper. The four other bugs, which were elegantly formed (if you like bugs, which I do not) joined the flies.

I quickly turned away in disgust at the sight as the other two women continued to look on.

This caused me to awaken. Yuck. I thought. I laid there briefly and felt so alone like that grasshopper must have felt. Then I felt helpless like the three of us watching the grasshopper be devoured unable for any of us to come to its aid.

The feeling of being alone is not a pleasant feeling. That feeling can happen anywhere even in a large crowd of people or in our household among our family. We can be surrounded by people and still feel alone.

These days I often feel helpless watching evil slowly invading my world an those I love and care for.

I am so thankful to have the Lord in my life. I immediately remembered that I am never alone. First, I have myself. God has given us the ability to speak to ourselves. Second, I knew that God was there with me as well as Jesus and the Holy Spirit within me. I was not alone. They were awake ready to give me comfort and reassuring me that I will never be alone or helpless. The angels surround us as ministering spirits to protect us at all times.

I quickly went back to sleep comforted and the memory of the grasshopper put to the side.

I’m not sure what brought on that dream or where dreams come from. I do know that when dreams stop is the day we die. That means our mind has ceased to function.

That dream has many lessons about life if I were to meditate on the events but I will save that for another day.

I thought about that crazy lady attacking Mr. Donovan leaving him maybe believing he’s all alone in fighting a battle against crazy fans which caused me to remember Rebecca Schaeffer, whose life tragically ended when she was only twenty-one by a crazy fan.

We are all in a battle in this life and our enemy is satan and satan only. He is here to steal, destroy and kill. That is his only mission in life— to separate us from God. If he can deceive our thoughts he can take away anything that is good in life.

Last night I won another battle against the devil. I am never really alone in life. I may fall over and be devoured by the enemy but I will triumph even in death as I leave this world into a new one for eternity with the Lord.

Daylight always brings clarity to a situation but last night I quickly triumphed over darkness. It’s going to be another wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment