Sunday, April 6, 2014

We All Have Dreams



Today I was sent a message "We all have dreams. But in order 2 make dreams into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, & discipline. -Jesse Owens".

Many months ago I committed my life to God as a living sacrifice as in Romans 12:1-2 to be used by Him.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
[Romans 12:1-2]

As a result, my dreams are now God's dreams for my life. I no longer want to be in control but rather be lead by God.

He created me so He knows what plans He has for my life. He knows me better than I know myself. He knows what will make me happy and what will make me sad. I am tired of trying to do it my way. I want to live my life as Jesus would want me to.

As a result I am often overwhelmed by the favors and blessings that God is giving me. To most they would seem insignificant but to me they are tremendous. I am awestruck by God's mercy and grace.

The Scriptures says "Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart."
[Psalm 37:4]

God is changing my heart giving me His desires and supplying what I need to reach His goals. I have been blessed with things I never knew existed and received blessings I never expected. He is making it happen for me.

It is no longer a struggle making my dreams come true. I have put my trust in Him and He will guide me. It won't always be easy but it will be simple as long as I let Him lead.

I will let God promote me when the time is right. I will let God get the glory and as a result He will be the one who gives me recognition.

Even though I live in this world I no longer want what the world wants. My desire is to be a part of God's world.

I don't want what the world has: anger, strife, bitterness, resentment, sadness, pain, anxiety, worry, anguish. I want what is in God's world.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. [Galatians 5:22-23]

When I live in the fruits of the spirit I know I am on the right track. When I don't it is just an invitation for Satan to come into my life and make me miserable.

So dear friend, I don't desire to take "an awful lot of determination, dedication, and discipline." to accomplish my dreams. That is how the world operates. It's a struggle when we try to do it our way. I will let God clear the path as I take one step at a time to reach the goal He has for me.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. [Jeremiah 29:11 KJV]

The NKJV says "a future and a hope." God has an expected end for me. Therefore, I don't have to worry about the future. God will give me the vision, strength and ability to accomplish what He has planned for me. The only dedication I have to make is to God and that is no longer difficult as long as I keep my eyes on Him and not on the world.

God has been leading me to the point where I finally turned my life over to Him without any reservation. Each day is exciting waiting to see what God has in store for me. I still have problems, just not as many. The Scriptures I have planted and continue to plant rise to the surface to assist me in dealing with whatever comes my way. I have put my entire trust in God and now do as He wishes. The Bible is my guide.

I am constantly surprised with the change in my life. I was so foolish not to realize that God created this world and me. He knows how it works. I no longer try to swim upstream when all I have to do is float and rise to the top when a wave goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment